Apprentice Commis Chef
HIT TRAINING LTD
The Bath Pub Company operates four premium foodie pubs in and around Bath. Their aim is simple; to run great pubs that people love to visit and build a company that people love to work for.
Whilst each of the pubs is owned by one company, they're a million miles from a branded chain. Each of their four pubs has its own distinct personality and they encourage each of their managers to run the pubs as their own.
Each chef creates his own menu according to what will work best for each pub, its about as far away from one size fits all as you can get. Four different pubs, each with their own character, but with common values of quality & passion shared by all. They are a young, growing business and theyre always on the lookout for talented people to join their team.
Alongside learning the trade, the successful applicant will work towards gaining a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification. The successful candidate will be passionate about food, ambitious to progress their career and be an enthusiastic team member. Shifts will vary and you will be working a mixture of lunch and dinner shifts.
Duties to include:
- Basic Food Preparation
- To prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the senior chef
- To be responsible for any given section communicating any food requirements to the Head Chef
- To work in any area of the kitchen as required by the senior chef on duty
- To work in a clean and safe manner
- To carry out any cleaning duties as required
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy
- To ensure Food Policy documentation is completed on a daily and weekly basis in accordance with company policy as requested
Following completion, they will be offered a full time permanent role with us, and an opportunity to complete the Chef du Partie apprenticeship.
- Strong time management – work effectively within given time frame to finish tasks set.
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism & passion.
None required, however, maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2 standard
Maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.