Apprentice Commis Chef
HIT TRAINING LTD
This is a great opportunity to gain a professional level 2 Commis Chef qualification within the setting of the Luxurious and historic Victoria Hotel located in the beautiful county of Devon.
Brend Hotels offer apprenticeships in all areas and disciplines of the hospitality industry. With this opportunity the successful candidate will work towards a Kitchen/Professional Cookery discipline combining practical skills with written evidence and portfolio.
The successful candidate will be assigned a Trainer Assessor, who will monitor progress throughout the apprenticeship.
The main responsibilities of the job role are to:
- Learn all aspects of cooking starters, main courses and desserts in a busy hotel environment
- Learn about food safety and will be able to visit suppliers to learn where the produce comes from.
- Learn methods and procedures that are vital to kitchen knowledge
- Work with your head chef to develop and improve your skills within the industry.
This role has a lot of development prospects including moving onto a Level 3 qualification. With eleven hotels in the same group there is potential to progress by either staying at the same hotel or moving to another.
- Time management
- Flexible approach to work
- A desire to learn about cooking and become a professional chef
- Previous commercial kitchen work experience desirable
- Good communication skills
- Hard working
None needed - however maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
- Level 2 Commis Chef standard qualification.
- Maths and English Functional Skills level 1 or 2 if required.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.