Apprentice Commis Chef
HIT TRAINING LTD
Aramark is a food service and facilities management partner to organisations across a range of sectors based in Stroud, Gloucester. Our thousands of employees are proud to serve hundreds of clients across the country, in the business and industry, education, offshore, defence, healthcare and judicial markets.
Working with our highly experienced Chefs you will need to have a passion for cooking and this is a great opportunity to undertake a Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship. The candidate will gain excellent experience from our head chef and culinary team.
The candidate will be exposed to various levels of food service provision and delivery through preparing breakfast and Lunch main meal, Hospitality and External events. Joining a kitchen team who produce fresh food for a breakfast & Lunch service, Hospitality and Internal and External conference events.
The candidate will carry out a multitude of tasks to develop their required skills through: Engaging with customers and fellow colleagues and understanding the commercial systems and processes utilised through the site. Mis-en-plas production, Breakfast and main course production, learning and understanding commercial due diligence, maintaining health & safety legislative requirements, delivering compliance through food safety regulations.
Duties to include:
- Working in a team and being guided through processes of working to recipe specifications
- Full knowledge of all menu items served
- Approach and complete tasks with pride and enthusiasm, support your colleagues if you have completed your own tasks Learn procedures and standards for all kitchen tasks
- Rotate around the kitchen working all areas as requested
- Work in the kitchen carrying out preparation and taking responsibility for a designated activity as directed by the senior team
- Ensure all store areas and equipment under your control are clean, tidy and comply with food safety, health and hygiene
There are good transport links to the site on the bus
- No.61 travelling from Cheltenham – Stroud – Stonehouse –Dursley – Uley.
- No 66E travelling from Gloucester – Kingsway – Stonehouse – Stroud via Ebley Road
- No 66S travelling from Gloucester – Kingsway – Stonehouse – Stroud via the Stanleys
For the right candidates there will be the opportunity to progress within ARAMARK and develop culinary skills and progress into a variety of Culinary roles within ARAMARK.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Quality focused
- Customer focused
- Ability to work under pressure
- Follow instructions
- Engagement with customers and team members at all levels in your workplace
- Good Level of spoken English and communication skills
- Basic Food Hygiene a preference
- Positive attitude, ownership and accountability
- Passion for food
- Works well as part of a team or using their own initiative
- Passionate and interested about food
- Willingness to learn
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
The apprentice will complete:
- Commis Chef Intermediate Apprenticeship (L2)
- Functional Skills (maths, English)
For the duration of the apprenticeship you will be coached, guided and mentored towards your qualification. The mentor will also guide you along with HIT Training and your assessor toward your final goal at becoming a fully qualified chef within ARAMARK.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.