Apprentice Commis Chef
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
Do you have a passion for food?
Do you want to join our talented team of Chefs?
This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Twenty Four, have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Commis Chef to join their friendly, proffesional team, whilst undertaking an Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship .
Key responsibilities of the role include;
- Prepare recipes from scratch under the direction of the senior Chef
- Manage deliveries and stock rotation
- Efficiently and effectively manage all aspects of preparatory food operations
- Implement a safe and hygienic kitchen environment
- Be an excellent team player with a “can-do” attitude
During your time as an apprentice, you will;
- Gain experience whilst working in a real life working kitchen
- No experience necessary - Full training and support will be given
- Work closely and be supported by an experienced Head Chef
Your learning and development will be delivered and supported by your workplace mentor and your own Regional Trainer who will guide you throughout your Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship. Babcock is an award winning training provider.
This is a permeant position (for the duration of the apprenticeship training), with a fulltime position offered to right candidate. You will receive on-going training & development this is an excellent opportunity to undertake a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship with an Award Winning training Provider
- Will be required to work 5 over 7 days a week with shifts varying. This is a busy hospitality environment
- Minimum of 30 hours, likely to be more. Hourly rate will be increased for the right candidates
- This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment
To be successful in this role you need to be:
- A good listener
- Confident communicator
- Able to follow instructions
In order to be a success in this role you must:
- Have a passion for cooking, food and the catering industry
- Be flexible
- Be friendly
- Have enthusiasm
Non specific - kitchen experience preferred but not essential.
Apprenticeship Commis Chef Level 2
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.