Apprentice Commis Chef
SEAFOOD PUB COMPANY LTD
NORTH LANCS. TRAINING GROUP LIMITED(THE)
Are you looking to launch your career as a professional Chef?
Seafood Pub Company are now recruiting for our Chefs of the future. We are looking for people with a passion for cooking and a desire to learn.
Working as part of a team, join one of our kitchen brigades and learn the techniques and expertise to help deliver first class fresh food to all our guests.
Not only do we want our Chefs to stay with us, but we also want you to develop within your profession, and will support your development with our inhouse training academy and external qualification courses. You’ll have the opportunity to work in different kitchens and teams throughout the company, training under different Head Chefs and learning different styles of food and service.
Working as part of a team, you will be an integral member of our kitchen brigade and learn the techniques and expertise to help your brigade deliver first class fresh food dishes to all our guests.
On a daily basis you will report directly to the Head Chef or Sous Chef on duty, however you are expected to follow orders from senior members of the kitchen brigade, the general manager and the senior leadership team.
- Excellent standards of attendance and timekeeping are essential
- Chef whites should be fresh on each day, and you should have a high level of personal hygiene with a clean and tidy appearance
- Follow company and site policies, procedures, instructions and food specifications
- Professionally represent the company at all times
- Promote a collaborative and open working environment, maintaining positive relationships with colleagues
- Follow direction to ensure all dish ingredients are prepped to the highest standards
- Understand the full menu and all ingredients used in each dish
- Ensure all recipe specifications are followed to ensure consistent presentation and service
- Assist with stock rotation and ensure all storage procedures are followed
- Effectively control wastage
- Progression into full time employment
- Must have good practical ability and a good knowledge of working to food hygiene and safety regulations
- Passionate about the industry
- Keen and willing to learn
- Eager to progress
- Punctual and reliable
- Work well in a team
- Working to Food Hygiene and Safety Requirements
- No formal qualifications required
- Intermediate level 2 Apprenticeship in Catering and Hospitality, including NVQ and functional skills maths and English
- Work based learning
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.