Apprentice commis chef
HIT TRAINING LTD
The Red Lion is a cosy traditional beamed pub and restaurant with a pretty courtyard garden, They promises a warm welcome, well-kept locally brewed ales, interesting wines, and a regularly changing menu of freshly sourced local ingredients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at The Red Lion for a keen chef to join the busy kitchen team as an apprentice, learn the trade alongside working to gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Duties to include:
- To prepare the kitchen for service, getting all the ingredients necessary and arranged in a way to facilitate a smooth service
- To assist the chef preparing salad garnished and other accompaniments on the plate
- To clean and clear as you go along and adhere to the rules of Safer food and Better business
- After service to clear your station, make sure all food is covered properly, labelled and put away
- Clean all surfaces, Sweep and wash the floor and take rubbish to bin
To possibly continue training to become a fully qualified chef.
Tuesday to Saturday 11.45am - 2.30pm 6.00pm - 9.30pm Sunday 11.30am - 2.45pm
- An interest in food and a desire to learn
- Able to stay calm under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team
- Hard working
- To have high standards of work
GCSE English, maths and GCSE in food preparation and nutrition desirable but not essential.
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
- Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
- Maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.