What will the apprentice be doing?
The SCC Commercial Team supports multiple sales and operational teams across the business, the key deliverables of which are;
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiation of Customer & Supplier facing contracts.
- Identification, analysis and mitigation of commercial risks;
- Application and enforcement of business controls and governance.
- Providing best practice advice & guidance, and protecting the Company’s interests
With the continued success and growth of the SCC business, the Commercial team needs to expand significantly, and as part of this we are looking to employ a number of apprentices.
The role will initially involve supporting the Commercial Managers in performing the activities described in the summary section above.
Medium to Long Term Role:
The goal is for the apprentices to develop and progress through the Commercial career structure into Junior Commercial Managers and ultimately full Commercial Managers.
In order to help achieve this, regular and comprehensive training will be provided, in parallel with the practical experience gained through the day to day support of the Commercial team.
As this is an Apprentice position, no prior Commercial Management experience is required. However, the following character traits are considered essential in order to be successful and progress in this particular type of role:
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Good organisational skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Good problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyse large amounts of information, identify and summarise the key issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Robust and diligent personality able to work in high pressure environments and manage customer expectations.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Data Technician Level 3 The Data Technician apprenticeship equips individuals with the ability to source, format and present data securely for analysis using basic methods. Apprentices will learn to analyse structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes, blend data from multiple sources and communicate outcomes appropriately to their audience. This apprenticeship provides the skills and knowledge they need to interact with a wide range of stakeholders and to apply legal and ethical principle when manipulating data. A Data Technician apprentice will be responsible for collecting and processing data under the guidance of a senior colleague or multiple colleagues across the business. Apprentices will need to complete all their training modules to cover the knowledge required in the apprenticeship standard and to be fully prepared for the end point assessments. All modules consist of online self-paced learning and a live training component. These components are linked ...
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The opportunity to join us permanently on completion of programme. There are always many opportunities to either stay in the same department or move internally.
Reality CheckBenefits Include: 25 days holiday. Hybrid working (to be agreed locally). Onsite parking. Buy and Sell up to 5 days holiday. Free breakfast when working from the office. Free 24hr gym located onsite. Benefits include – free eyecare, discounts across restaurants, pubs, retail, cycle to work. On successful completion of probation (6 months) – Life Assurance (4 x annual salary). Dress down every Wed. 2 x volunteering days per year.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C - 9/A*) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C - 9/A*) Essential