Apprentice CNC Turning Setter - Advanced (Level 3)
Sheffield Precision Medical LTD
The University of Sheffield
The CNC Turning Programmer/Setter will be able to demonstrate a positive attitude towards the continuous improvement of their own work and that of a highly skilled team. Also, to demonstrate initiative, be flexible, and able to work well under pressure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These will include the following listed below and other duties may be assigned depending on the needs of the business.
- Problem Solving
- Read Drawings
- Inspect own work
- Producing machined components to tight tolerances
- Completing work to designated deadlines
- Creating NC programmes from engineering drawings
- Safe working within the section
- Good housekeeping in the area of operation
- Maintaining quality of work and adherence to work processes
- Achieving the production schedule
- Minimising machine downtime
- Effective flow of work in and out of section
- Adhere to requirements of the Company’s QA policies
The qualifications and experience gained on this Apprenticeship will allow you to apply for further roles within this sector.
- Able to work well under pressure
- Positive attitude
- Be flexible
5 GCSEs grades 9-4 or A*-C and above or equivalent to include Maths, English & Science.
Engineering Technician Level 3.
3 years training to be provided by AMRC Training Centre.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.