What will the apprentice be doing?• Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as cutting drilling, etc.
• Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading paperwork and plans
• Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
• Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
• Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
• Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
• Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
• Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
• Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
•Working in an established team of 6 people you will be appointed an experienced mentor. Progression opportunities will be available for hard-working an ...
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?Level 2 Apprenticeship in Furniture Manufacturer. Functional Skills Math and English - Work Based learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A great opportunity to develop your career with an employer who supports continuing professional development.
Reality CheckMON-THU 08:00-17:00 FRI 07:00-16:00 , 10 break min AM & PM 30 min lunch,40 hours per week
Skills RequiredProblem solving skills, Presentation skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredOther Basic Maths (Grade n/a) Desired
Other Standard English (Grade n/a) Desired