As an Apprentice, the successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a team and support senior members of the department.
The majority of the Apprentice CNC Machinist’s day will be occupied by learning all aspects of CNC machinery.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- To use our AlphaCam program to convert a 2D drawing to a 3D drawing and adding the required tooling and toolpaths using multiple tools such as a straight flat cutter to apply the relevant profile cutter needed
- To do carving profiles for ionic capitals and architectural corbels using small router cutters, like a 45-degree tool, 16mm radius and a 3mm radius for finer detailing which can produce amazingly detailed finishes
- Setting cutter depths
- Running programs
- Safe use of hand tools and machinery within the workshop environment
To progress into full-time employment upon completion.
- Good communication skills
- Driving licence preferable, but not essential
- Good practical skills
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety
- Keen and willing to learn
- Genuine interest in the industry
- Reliable & punctual
No formal qualifications required.
Level 2 Furniture Manufacturer apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Work-based learning