Apprentice CNC Machinist - Higher (Level 4)
Independent Forgings & Alloys Ltd
THE UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
To safely set up machines. Using best practice work to customers' instructions. Inspect components before and after machining and maintain accurate identification against route cards. Maintain good housekeeping of work areas.
- In accordance with best practice, set up machines
- Work accurately to customer requirements
- Inspect and check machined components
- Keep workstation within the parameters of 5S
- Where possible, work on two machines in tandem
Key areas for decision making:
- Without supervision ensure production of quality machined parts
- Safe use of machinery and all tolerances and customer instructions are adhered to
- Maximise efficient use of machinery
- Appropriate preparation on commencement of machining
- As appropriate involve Machine Shop Manager
Enhanced employability once qualified.
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Friendly and outgoing personality
5 GCSEs grades 4/C and above to include maths, English & Science or equivalents.
- Engineering Manufacturing Technician
- 3 years training to be provided by AMRC Training Centre
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free