Apprentice Client Manager - Higher (Level 4)
Hampshire County Council
JUST I.T. TRAINING LIMITED
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the delivery of transport improvement schemes in a value range of £0.1m to £5m. The roles sit within the Strategic Transport Implementation Group and focuses on strong delivery orientation and leadership skills to manage projects to successfully meet time, cost and quality requirements, while maintaining strong public and political engagement and high satisfaction ratings.
The successful candidates will develop and maintain effective close working relationships, including Department for Transport, Local Enterprise Partnerships, transport providers and private sector organisations, together with local stakeholders including district/borough/town/parish councils, business communities and residents.
The apprentice will work closely with project teams to drive a realistic and executable delivery approach. The apprentice will:
- Ensure timely delivery of project programmes.
- Ensure projects are delivered within the budget constraints.
- Work with project teams to align activities across projects.
- Ensure projects have the right resource levels to deliver against the plan.
- Manage, determine and agree change control and ‘out of scope’ requests.
- Manage the associated project governance and project related reporting, including risk and issues, project progress and status reports (RAG analysis).
- Ensure client priorities are delivered by project teams.
- We currently have many projects on-going in the team and it is likely that you will also be involved in supporting these, therefore you will have a varied role with many opportunities to develop your skills and experiences
- Interpersonal skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Client facing skills with political awareness and sensitivity, understanding of corporate policies and strategies and knowledge of the legislative and regulative
- Experience working as part of a project team structure
- Broad up-to-date knowledge of transport planning, implementation, highway engineering and planning policy
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group.
- Leader: Inspires the project team.
- Enthusiastic: highly motivated with positive, constructive manner.
- Resilient: quickly overcomes setbacks.
- Emotionally intelligent: adjusts style and approach to suit audience.
- Significant demonstrable industry experience is desirable
5 GCSEs (A* - C) including Maths and English. An education to Degree level (or equivalent) is desirable.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 4 qualifications such as:
- Higher Level Associate Project Manager Standard
- You will also receive full training and support from the Skills Team Apprenticeship team to increase your skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.