The role will include rotation around the business with work based secondments including:
- CAD/Production Engineering
- Civil/Structural Engineering
- Project & Commercial Management
The role will enable the candidate to fulfil their academic study time in line with the national degree apprentice programme.
The successful candidate upon completion of the initial rotation around the main engineering departments, will progress their career as either a Civil/Structural Engineer, Project Manager or CAD Designer.
- Contribute to production engineering and liaise with the manufacturing department, producing high quality DXF files for programme input to the CNC/Plasma machine.
- Undertake a wide range of design work, producing reinforced concrete foundation drawings, steelwork fabrication drawings and 2D and 3D elevation design drawings.
- Create design drawings using the companies BIM software ‘Tekla’.
- Create accurate material schedules for material ordering.
- Undertake steel tower (GDC) assessments using appropriate software and existing appraisal spreadsheets.
- Undertake site and client visits as required.
- Undertake steelwork structural design including steel member design checks and connection design, using analysis software, design spreadsheets and hand calculations.
- Undertake foundation design.
- Co-ordinate telecoms project work, liaising with client, design and site teams.
- Monitor and track project budgets and deliver steelwork projects within budget.
- Ensure steelwork works orders (WO) are successfully issued into the factory and that programme milestones are understood and agreed.
- Co-ordinate project deliveries to site to ensure construction work is started and completed on time.
- Sequencing and programming of site works with third parties and service providers
- Managing CDM and H&S obligations through life cycle of a project
A path to a full professional qualification with the Institute of Civil Engineers through to Chartered Status
As well as a great job with an excellent employer leading to a valuable and fulfilling career you will also benefit from:
- Perk box membership – a range of discounts and perks with well- known brands and retailers
- Life assurance at 2 x your salary
- Health cash plan
- Contributory Pension
- Computer literate and conversant in the use of software packages such as Microsoft outlook, Excel and word.
- Full driving licence
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills and developing
- Willingness to show initiative and take on new challenges
- Good communication skills
- Evidence of at least 96 UCAS Tariff points at Level 3 e.g. A Levels, BTEC National Certificate/Diploma (or equivalent) With at least one Science, Engineering or Maths subject.
- Evidence of Level 2 qualifications in 4 subjects including Maths and English e.g. GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above (Grade B/5 for Maths), Functional Skills, or ESFA-approved equivalents
The successful candidate will undertake a BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship programme, through our training partner ARU (Anglia Ruskin University). Successful completion of this programme leads both to a BSc (Hons) degree and Incorporated Engineer (IEng) status from the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
Alongside the formal academic qualifications you will receive direct in-work training on:
- Structural analysis software
- Structural design calculations
- Foundation Design
- 2D CAD
- 3D CAD
- Creating DFX files for CNC/Plasma
- Basic Machine Shop
This list is not exhaustive, other training may be undertaken as necessary.