To provide a safe environment for children. They must also make sure the children have the chance to take part in stimulating activities, appropriate for their age.
- Offering basic care, such as help with bathing, dressing and eating meals
- Changing nappies and making up bottles for babies
- Encouraging children to play - using the childminder's own toys and books, or those provided by the parents
- Leading activities such as drawing, painting and games
- Supervising children on trips out, for example to go shopping or to the park
- Taking older children to and from the nursery, school or playgroup
- Discussing each child's needs with his or her parents regularly
- Negotiating and drawing up care contracts with each set of parents
The chosen candidate will have the chance to eventually undertake further training with Interserve Learning & Employment.
You would be perfect for this role if you are:
- Good at juggling competing demands for attention
- A good negotiator
- Able to keep a daily record
- Open-minded about different ways of bringing up children
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Caring and good at relating to children
- Calm and efficient in emergencies
- Energetic and creative
- Well presented (uniform provided)
- Social and confident
GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 in English and maths preferred, but not essential.
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Kellie will provide you with all the on-the-job training you need to upskill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete a Early Years Educator apprenticeship programme delivered through Brambles Childcare's dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning and Employment.