The successful candidate will have the confidence and skills to develop trusting & positive relationships with the children and their families.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Working as part of the team to ensure the environment is safe and enabling before children arrive
- Have high levels of engagement with children whilst promoting kindness & positivity
- Modelling play, language, curiosity &, having a 'can do' and positive attitude
- Support children during mealtimes promoting a healthy lifestyle and good manners
- Share ideas with the team and find new ways to develop learning activities
- Updating records and completing accurate paperwork
- Meet high expectations for time keeping, hygiene/self-care and conduct
- Adhering to our policies and procedures
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship the opportunity to become a permanent member of the team, either full or part time depending on performance.
DBS on the update service is desirable.
- Fantastic communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to use initiative when required
- Kind & caring
- A passion to work with children
- Candidates will ideally hold a level 2 childcare qualification (or equivalent)
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English would be advantageous
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)