As a nursery practitioner you will be a proactive member of the team who will provide a safe and stimulating environment in which all children are encouraged to reach their full potential. You will have the flexibility to organise your own activities but will receive the support when you need it. Working hours are 40 per week, Monday to Friday between 7.15am and 6.15pm on a rota basis.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support staff with their day to day duties
- Shadow our qualified practitioners in the nursery
- Engaging with and actively contributing to and taking part in activities
- Observe the children
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children
- Promote and facilitate partnerships with parents/carers and other family members
- Ensure children are kept safe and when necessary follow child protection and safeguarding procedures
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness of the children at all times
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures e.g. fire precautions, security, dropping off and collection of children
- Work with other staff to implement the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum to ensure a consistent approach
A permanent position with progression to the Early Years Educator level 3 qualification depending on performance.
An early September start date will be available for the successful candidates subject to DBS check.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- The ability to create engaging activities and magical, memorable moments
- Basic computer knowledge
- A passion to work with children
None required however GCSE maths & English at grade 4/C or above (or equivalent) would be advantageous.
Early Years Practitioner Level 2.
Ongoing training with the support of an incredibly friendly senior management team and the chance to work and progress with a reputable nursery.