Parenta have many opportunities available, and offer you the chance to ‘Earn as you Learn’ whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. The best part? There are no classes to attend!
We are currently hiring candidates to work in a nursery setting.
The moment your journey begins as an apprentice:
- You become an employed member of staff
- You will be paid an hourly rate
- You will work towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom based lessons. The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 15 months. You will be working towards a Level 3 in Childcare
Throughout your role you are not alone. Parenta offer you full training, support, guidance and are here to help you progress your career. You even have a personal assessor/tutor assigned to you from the moment you start your journey as a modern apprentice.
Your role will include:
You will be a team player whilst maintaining the ability to initiate and self-manage your own tasks. You will be required, at all times, to maintain the highest possible standards, in order to provide the best possible and environment for the children, by ensuring full compliance will the setting’s policies and procedures.
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector
- To assist with the daily routine and interact with the children
- Monitor well-being and Involvement of the children
- To assist with the EYFS planning and keep records of key children up to date
- To assist and instigate activities suitable for the age range of the children within the unit
- Carry out daily risk assessment checks of the garden and setting as required, recording on the appropriate record forms
- To build and foster relationships with children's parents/carers
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children.
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well presented
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner
- To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
- Ensure you are at all times fully up to date with and implementing the Safeguarding Policy & Procedure in line with Ofsted and OSCB – undertake training as and when required
- Be responsible for reporting any concerns regarding any child in your care to the Room Leader/Deputy Manager or Manager
Throughout this role, you will gain extensive knowledge and experience within the working environment which will set you up for a great career upon completion. This will hopefully lead to permanent employment within the early learning year’s sector or even continue to the next level, undertaking further training.
Ideally you will:
- Be passionate about caring for children
- Have an outgoing, bubbly, motivated attitude
- Be a committed, punctual and reliable individual
The rate for apprentices (or if aged 19, for their first year only) is £4.30 from the 1st April 2021, however some settings offer more, with most offering a pay review with potential wage increase upon completion of probation: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- When you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to continue with an exciting career in childcare! Initially you will be working towards an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare, with a chance to progress to a team leading qualification after that
Before you make your application, please ensure that you are able to reliably travel to and from the employer location on a daily basis. Please check bus times/travel arrangements.
You will have to agree to undergo a check of police records (eg a DBS) and be willing to subscribe to the DBS Update Service.
For any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact 0800 0029242.
Please do not contact the employer directly.
Questions to ask
What attracts you to working in the Childcare Industry?
What do you hope to achieve in the next 5 years?
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You will need good communication skills and be comfortable with creative thinking. It is helpful if you are confident with children, calm and organised
- Experience of working/participating in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- Written, verbal and listening skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Friendly and outgoing with a willingness to learn
- Passionate about providing equal opportunity family centred childcare
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally with a wide range of people
- Warm, caring and approachable
- Open to change and be a team player
- A level 2 qualification in childcare or 6 Months to a year’s Experience in childcare
- GCSE A*-C/9-4 or equivalent in maths, English and IT
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in mathematics, English and ICT (if applicable)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Work based learning