Our apprentice will be enthusiastic, outgoing and sociable with a real passion to work with children. Working alongside a fantastic manager as part of a busy team, you will receive full training to our high standards, whilst working towards a level 2 or level 3 childcare qualification. With structured training the good news is that you get paid as well!
Working hours will be 30 per week over 3 to 5 days, Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 5.30pm.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Setting up room and outdoor activities
- Providing and engaging in a fun and stimulating atmosphere for the children who are entrusted to your care
- Having meaningful conversations with children and parents
- Helping to ensure the children's learning and developmental needs are evaluated and monitored
- Logging of visitors
- Reporting of accidents and incidents
- Upholding rigorous standards of safeguarding
- General assistance for the childcare manager such as staffing rotas, meal time planning, daily schedule planning
Ongoing progression to the next appropriate qualification in childcare. Continued professional development in the sector, depending on performance.
An immediate start date may be available for the successful candidate subject to DBS check.
- Physically fit with a love for being outdoors
- Great communication skills
- Able to work as part of a busy team
- A passion for childcare
- Happy with a bubbly personality
- A 'can-do' attitude
- Enthusiastic and engaging
- A welcoming attitude
Preferably none! No past experience in childcare is needed.
- The successful candidate will receive training and mentorship from the setting manager whilst working towards the level 2 Children and Young Peoples Workforce qualification, or the level 3 Early Years Educator qualification
- The apprenticeship includes coursework and regular assessments, with access to a fully qualified skills coach. We enjoy training our staff using our methods and all relevant training will be paid for by us!