Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities
- Give support to other team members throughout the nursery setting
- Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
- Look upon the nursery as a ‘whole’ where you can help be most utilised; be constantly aware of the needs of the children
- The Apprentices duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the school’s equal opportunities policy
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- Be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times
- Be aware of sections 7 and 8 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Commit to Safeguarding children and provide support to other staff in ensuring children are kept safe and happy
- Be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing equipment etc.
- Work alongside the team to ensure that the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the school
Discussed at interview.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Willing to learn
- Ability to take constructive feedback
- Good verbal communication skills
- Common sense
- Positive attitude
- General interest in working with young children
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths, English and ICT (or science).
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)