The chance to work alongside an experienced Head Chef at the site is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in a career within Hospitality to get a head start working in a busy fresh food kitchen whilst having an apprenticeship to add to their knowledge and skill set. Experience preferred but not essential. Limited live-in staff accommodation is available.
From preparation to food handling and hygiene, as well as excellent time management skills - your contribution will certainly count. Whilst working in our kitchens no 2 days will be the same and you’ll be able to develop your skills with a variety of dishes and menus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of company paperwork with regards to such standards,
- Fundamentals of cooking, such as knife skills. This will involve understanding the basic cuts (e.g. chopping, dicing, julienne and chiffonade) as well as learning how to handle ingredients correctly
- Work in different sections of the kitchen, assisting other chefs
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per Company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining the correct storage of food
- Discounted meals whilst on shift
- Opportunity to join an award winning and growing brand of country pubs
- Great training and development schemes including funding qualifications
- Progression opportunities - we actively encourage our employees to progress, offering you opportunities in some of the best towns and cities in the UK
- Online rewards scheme – Offering you discounts and cashback with major high street or online retailers
- Company benefits - this includes food and accommodation discounts, pension scheme, company & employee engagement and a chance to win various incentive trips and prizes throughout the year
- Great working environment - we are proud that our pubs are beautifully designed with fantastic equipment providing a fun yet professional environment
Development opportunities within the site to Junior Sous, Sous Chef or Head Chef. Also as expected within an established and growing company there are opportunities to take up positions within other sites within the company.
Experience is not essential but would be beneficial. We are looking for someone who has a passion for cooking and has a keen interest and understanding of fresh food. Good communication skills are also essential in a busy kitchen environment.
- Personal hygiene is essential
- Eager to learn
- Honest and hard working
- Piercings are not allowed in the kitchen
No qualifications are necessary.
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)