Apprentice Chef - Wetherspoon - Ferry Boat - Runcorn
J D Wetherspoon Plc
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
At JD Wetherspoon, we hire people who are looking to learn and become the best in their specific profession. Our Chefs are talented and professional individuals who offer training and assistance to other kitchen team members to ensure our team are all highly qualified. Learn on-the-job, working towards your end goal whilst earning throughout your apprenticeship journey!
Your role will be unique, having the opportunity to work as a team and individually prepare some fantastic dishes! Work towards becoming a culinary expert and communicate your ideas across to make a difference for the company. Work, learn and gain experience in 12-18 months! Working for JD Wetherspoon is rewarding, and our team are consistently maintaining our high standards with 5-star health and safety ratings. With the right attitude we know you can climb our ladder to excel further in your career!
Your Daily Duties will include:
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
We offer competitive hourly rates for all our team members! Alongside this, all our team can earn up to 19% in bonus paid monthly plus additional benefits such as:
- 50% off on food and meal deals whilst at work and 20% off on food, drink and hotel accommodation whilst not at work
- Paid Holiday
- Free Shares
- £1 extra an hour, for hours worked between 12am and 5.59am
Progression onto a full-time position.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20-year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
None! We’re just looking for your passion, personality and desire to learn and progress in the industry!
- Customer Focus
- Personal Integrity
There is no formal entry criteria (GCSE’s or equivalent) and you will be supported to gain Functional Skills in English and maths alongside the apprenticeship if required.
- Hospitality Team Member - Food Production Apprenticeship Level 2
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.