Apprentice Chef - Wetherspoon - Black Horse - Northfield
J D WETHERSPOON PLC
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
At JD Wetherspoon we like to keep it simple, our bar team members are the front line in our pubs for our customers, ensuring that everyone has the best experience and customer service. We open our doors early in the morning and sometimes don’t close them until late at night, so we offer great flexibility.
- As a part of our bar team you will have to work hard and engage with customers and keep up as our pubs can get pretty busy in peak times
- You will need to ensure that the bar, front of house, toilets and other areas of the pub are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Company guidelines throughout the day
- Your role will be unique and you will get to interact with a variety of different people, both customers and our great teams, therefore a good level of conversational English is essential
Working for Wetherspoon is rewarding and are teams our consistently maintaining our high standards and 5 star health and safety ratings but with the right attitude we know you can climb our career ladder pretty quickly!
We offer competitive hourly rates for all of our team members! Alongside this, all our team has the opportunity to earn up to 19% in bonus paid monthly plus additional benefits such as:
- 50% off on food and meal deals whilst at work and 20% off on food, drink and hotel accommodation whilst not at work
- Paid Holiday
- Free Shares
- £1 extra an hour, for hours worked between 12am and 5.59am.
Progression onto a full time position
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
None! We’re just looking for your passion, personality and desire to learn and progress in the industry!
- Customer Focus
- Personal Integrity
There are no formal entry criteria (GCSE’s or equivalent) and you will be supported to gain Functional Skills in English and maths alongside the apprenticeship if required.
- Production Chef Apprenticeship Level 2
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free