Apprentice Chef - The Farmers Mistress
The Farmers Mistress Ltd
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
As an Apprentice Chef you will be responsible for:
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of menu items as directed by the Sous Chef and/or Executive Head Chef
- Assist in the development and planning of menus, including identifying future food trends and displaying a passionate approach towards the development of new styles of service and concepts
- Assist with stock taking, when required
- Contribute towards the smooth and efficient running of the kitchen Client Service
- Ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded
- Be customer focused at all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs
- Assist team members when required
- Gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning
- Ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards Health & Safety and Food Safety
- Adhere to the company’s Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies at all times
- Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Please only apply if you live in the UK
Career progression within the company.
For further information on the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW), please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The ANMW applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
To be successful in this role you should be:
- Focused & have the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Customer focused
- Excellent at managing your time
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about cooking
- Dedicated and eager to learn and develop their culinary skills
None required, all training will be provided.
Training to be provided:
- Intermediate (Level 2) Hospitality Team Member: Food Production Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT, if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.