Apprentice Chef - Robin Hood - Tunbridge Wells
The Robin Hood
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
At Hungry Horse, their mission is to be the best they can. That’s why we are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people.
Hungry Horse is a fun and vibrant brand which is really going places! They offer a challenging yet rewarding environment and a supportive team. They pride themselves on the culture of their teams and helping everyone to bring the best out in one another to deliver an amazing service to customers.
Hungry Horse offer a fantastically fun environment in which to work and they are passionate about developing their team as Hungry Horse believe that this is what provides the best customer service! That’s why Hungry Horse are offering an award-winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an Apprenticeship through 12month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! The Hungry Horse career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their programme, you’ll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’ve completed your apprenticeship.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to start a career in the Hospitality sector.
There’s never been a better time to join the team - Fill up on Good Times!
Responsibilities included in this role:
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
- 33% off meals and drinks at any Greene King Managed Site
- Pension scheme
- Save As You Earn (Share scheme)
- Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- Refer a friend and receive up to £1,000 (£500 AM/KM & £1000GM)
- Pay national minimum wage for your age
On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full-time job.
Greene King pay National Minimum wage for age, including their Apprentices. The current minimum wage rates are £4.35 an hour for under 18's, £6.15 an hour for 18-20-year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For your information, the current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year, however this is not relevant with Greene King. These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
- Pride in delivering excellent customer service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
- A willingness and desire to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance
- Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Creativity and imagination for food presentation
No previous qualifications required.
- Greene King Production Chef Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.