Apprentice Chef - JD Wetherspoon
J D WETHERSPOON PLC
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
At JD Wetherspoon we like to keep it simple, our bar team members are the front line in our pubs for our customers, ensuring that everyone has the best experience and customer service. We open our doors early in the morning and sometimes don’t close them until late at night, so we offer great flexibility.
As a part of our bar team you will have to work hard and engage with customers and keep up as our pubs can get pretty busy in peak times. You will need to ensure that the bar, front of house, toilets and other areas of the pub are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Company guidelines throughout the day.
Your role will be unique, and you will get to interact with a variety of different people, both customers and our great teams, therefore a good level of conversational English is essential. Working for Wetherspoon is rewarding and are teams our consistently maintaining our high standards and 5-star health and safety ratings but with the right attitude we know you can climb our career ladder pretty quickly!
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
We offer competitive hourly rates for all of our team members! Alongside this, all our team has the opportunity to earn up to 19% in bonus paid monthly plus additional benefits such as:
• 50% off on food and meal deals whilst at work and 20% off on food, drink and hotel accommodation whilst not at work
• Paid Holiday
• Free Shares
• £1 extra an hour, for hours worked between 12am and 5.59am (Applies to over 18 year olds only)
Progression onto a full-time position.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
None! We’re just looking for your passion, personality and desire to learn and progress in the industry!
- Customer Focus
- Personal Integrity
There is no formal entry criteria (GCSE’s or equivalent) and you will be supported to gain Functional Skills in English and maths alongside the apprenticeship if required.
- Hospitality team member-Production Chef Apprenticeship Level 2
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.