Apprentice Chef - Harvester
Mitchells & Butlers PLC
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
We want our guests to love visiting our pubs, bars and restaurants. So, if you can make it special by providing a friendly face from the moment a guest walks in, we want to speak to you.
You don’t even need any experience. So long as you can provide a warm, helpful manner to everyone you meet, we can teach you the ins and outs of working as part of our busy teams.
By taking on a full-time role as a Chef Apprentice under the supervision of our passionate teams, alongside your training, you will enhance your service and communication skills and become more confident along the way.
Not only will you achieve a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food Production you will be able to support the running of our businesses, creating some amazing moments and making sure that quality never slips for our guests!
What will your day-to-day involve?
- Help create a warm, friendly and welcoming environment
- Learn how to create dishes using the correct methods, getting every dish right
- Present our food and drink products perfectly
- Ensure food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Identify the needs of the guest to make every guest feel valued
- Responsibility for cash and company stock
- Be part of great team moments
- Show an appetite for personal development and learning
- A thirst for success
- Be a champion of high standards and lead by example
And it’s all taught through:
- A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 - 6 weeks,
- 24-hour access to course learning materials for distance learning
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and maths
- 30 hours paid work every week
And it doesn’t end there! Upon completing your apprenticeship, you can continue onto further apprenticeships or follow other routes to progress your career through our career pathways. Every moment is a chance to prove what you can do, and in a business as big as ours, there is always room to move around when you fancy!
Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full-time job.
You will be paid the National Minimum Wage for your age.
None! We’re just looking for your passion, personality and desire to learn and progress in the industry!
- Passion –An interest in food certainly helps
- Positive outlook – We want you to love every moment!
- Communication – Ability to work as part of a close team
- Motivated – We see our apprentices as our future!
No qualifications required.
- Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food Production
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.