Apprentice Chef - Ember Inns - The Preston
Employer:MITCHELLS & BUTLERS PLC
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
If you have no previous experience but bags of passion for cooking, our chef apprenticeship will give you your moment to shine!
You don’t need any experience as we can teach you everything! If you are willing to learn and be proud to work with us, we can show you exactly what it takes to become a vital team member in any kitchen.
You’ll join a close-knit team, so you’ll get the family feel from day one. You’ll take on a full-time role in the kitchen under the supervision of passionate chefs alongside your training. Working as a team to serve up great food in a fun, friendly atmosphere will help you develop the skills necessary to prepare and cook food quickly and efficiently.
Not only do you gain a Level 2 Hospitality Food Production and Cooking Apprenticeship, you will be able to support the running of our kitchens, creating some amazing moments making sure that quality never slips for our guests!
What will your day-to-day involve?
- Learn how to create dishes using the correct methods, getting every dish right
- Keep a safe and hygienic working environment
- Ensure food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Bring a huge appetite for learning
- Bring energy and enjoyment
- Be part of great team moments
- Being proud of what you achieve
And it’s all taught through:
- A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 - 6 weeks
- 24-hour access to course learning materials for distance learning
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and maths
- 30 hours paid work every week
And it doesn’t end there! Upon completing your apprenticeship, you can continue onto further apprenticeships or follow other routes to progress your career through our career pathways. Every moment is a chance to prove what you can do, and in a business as big as ours, there is always room to move around when you fancy!
- 16-17 years old - £4.20 an hour
- 18-20 years old - £5.90 an hour
- 21+ years old - £7.38 an hour
Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
BENEFITS FOR M&B STAFF
- Instant Cineworld tickets for £5.50
- 10% discount at Costa and Cafe Nero
- 10% discount at Topshop.
- Refer a friend and receive up to 1k!
- 33% meals at any M&B sites (+5 guests – Use as often as you like)
- Pension scheme
- Dental plan
- Become a shareholder (after 1 year employment)
- Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A range of benefits are available by registering at www.pickaperk.co.uk (Register with employee ID)
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
None! We’re just looking for your passion, personality and desire to learn and progress in the industry!
- Passion –An interest in food certainly helps
- Positive outlook – We want you to love every moment!
- Communication – Ability to work as part of a close team
- Motivated – We see our apprentices as our future!
No qualifications required.
- Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food Production
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
About the employer
Mitchells & Butlers is the UK's leading operator of managed pubs, bars and restaurants offering eating, drinking and entertainment for our customers in over 2,000 outlets.
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.