Apprentice Chef De Partie
The Nags Head
HIT TRAINING LTD
While working for The Nags Head, you will be training as a chef de partie and working towards gaining your Level 3 CDP qualification. The Nags Head is a fast-paced food environment, using fresh locally sourced ingredients. They deliver a diverse Bistro style menu including pub classics.
Your day to day duties could include, but are not limited to;
- Learn to work with fresh ingredients,
- Teaching and supporting commis chefs,
- Able to listen and learn alongside the head chef,
- Developing kitchen based competencies,
- Assisting in producing the full menu according to business standards,
- You will be learning to produce dishes from fresh,
- Working with the head chef to uphold a high standard of quality as well as maintaining immaculate food safety and health and safety standards.
40 hours a week must be able to work evenings and weekends, split shifts. Own transport to work desirable but lifts are available if en route. Excellent tips are split evenly between all staff on a weekly basis.
Future ProspectsProgression opportunities can be discussed at interview.
Reality CheckThis wage could be negotiable depending on experience within the industry. You will also receive tips.
- Passionate about cooking.
- Willing to learn and develop.
- Good time keeping skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good team player and excellent communicator.
- Interested in catering
Qualifications RequiredThere are no prior qualifications required for this role.
Training ProvidedYou will be assigned a workplace mentor and a personal tutor from HIT Training who together will assist you in your professional development. You will be taught a variety of practical and theory skills to aid in your development to actively work towards completing your qualification.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.