Apprentice Chef de Partie
SPLENDID HOSPITALITY GROUP LLP
HIT TRAINING LTD
Hilton London Bankside represents the next generation of design-led Hilton Hotels. Ideally located in the heart of Bankside and only a stone’s throw away from some of London’s must-visit landmarks including Tate Modern, Borough Market and The Shard.
An exciting opportunity has arise at The Hilton, London, Bankside for an experienced Chef to join their busy kitchen team as a Demi Chef De Partie, further their career and work towards gaining a Level 3 Chef De Partie Qualification.
Being a key part of the Hilton and Splendid family, all our team members need to be able to promise to:
- Be the Best
- Make Responsible Decisions
- Treat Others, the Way They Would Like to Be Treated
- Continually Challenge Yourself and Each Other
We are currently looking for a who loves cooking and enjoys the challenge of working in a high-end market to join our professional and friendly team.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in a dynamic kitchen environment.
- When working as a Demi Chef de Partie, your main role is to assist in all areas of the kitchen.
In addition to this you will:
- Ensure that a high standard of preparations and presentation is achieved before any dish leaves the kitchen
- Check kitchen stock and control on a daily basis
- Ensure accurate records are kept at all times relating to the food production and wastage, for all service periods
- Ensure that all foods are labelled, stored and handled in accordance with the Hotel and Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure all hygiene, health and safety standards are adhered to and the Hotel’s Health & Safety policy are complied with
- Make sure the wastage is kept to a minimum at all times
- Complete all required training (Food Hygiene & Safety, Health & Safety & Fire Safety) via the Saeker Training Programme
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
Chef de Partie > Sous Chef > Head Chef > Exec Sous > Exec Chef.
- Proven Experience/Education Level
- Excellent communication skills
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification
- Previous experience as a commis or demi chef within high end, dynamic kitchen environment, ideally from a 5* hotel operation
- Understanding of food hygiene legislation.
- Ability to be punctual and reliable
- Strong customer awareness
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills
- High standard of personal presentation
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Flexibility with rotating shift patterns, including weekends
- A desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers
A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
Chef de Partie apprenticeship Level 3 standard
Maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.