Apprentice Chef De Partie
The Green Man
HIT TRAINING LTD
As a Level 3 Apprentice Chef De Partie, you will be learning and developing new and existing skills to complete various modules for your apprenticeship course. Your day to day duties may include, but are not limited to:
Award-winning eatery in the south, winning Best Dining Experience 2017, Southern Business Award 2018. We are looking for a person that wants a career as a chef as we pride the business on locally sourced ingredients where all the food is made on site
Your daily duties could include any of the below:
- To ensure all food is served to the required company standard
- To aid the Head Chef in implementing all new menus
- To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen operation
- To strive and anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction
- To ensure that you are correctly dressed, adhere to high personal hygiene standards
- To maintain a professional working relationship with the foodservice team
- To comply with all regulations as stated in the normal operating procedures
- All maintenance issues reported immediately following the correct procedures
- Cleaning chemicals are used as directed, to achieve desired results and reduce wastage
- Awareness of how the role impacts on the hotel profit and loss account
- Must attend all H & S, Fire and Food Safety Training as directed by designated Line Manager
- Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and a safe system of work appropriate to your role
- In use of company nominated chemicals, it is your responsibility to comply with COSHH
- Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to Hazard spotting, first aid reporting, and reporting accidents
- To have a complete understanding of Company procedure in the event of a fire
- To ensure the Company Health and Safety, Food Safety and COSHH legislation are adhered to; this will involve action and appropriate training
- Ensure security for both self and all departments
- To abide by all company and legal food safety standards
- That all new procedures comply with food safety policy
Full time employment and further development opportunities.
After a 13 weeks probation period, a wage increase will be considered if all requirements have been met. A starting salary of £19,000 is offered but with experience and abilities, there could be negotiations.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Good communication skills and time keeping is essential. You should also have a good work ethic and ability to self-motivate and manage yourself and others.
Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, while supervising other staff.
GCSE or equivalent passes in maths and English are preferred but not essential.
- Level 3 - Chef De Partie standard
- Functional Skills if required
You will be trained and supported in order to understand and be competent in various areas of the job to complete your apprenticeship modules. Full training will be delivered on the job.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.