Apprentice Chef de Partie
The Minster Arms
HIT TRAINING LTD
The Minster Arms is a gastro pub set in the old market town of Wimborne, known for its style, charm and beauty. They have a 10 bed boutique hotel above it. They strive in what they do and deliver good service along with freshly prepared food.
An opportunity has arisen at The Minster Arms for a keen chef looking to further their career to join the kitchen team and work towards gaining a Level 3 Chef De Partie Qualification.
You'll need to be creative and passionate about food, someone who loves the industry and always wants to drive for more.
Duties will include:
- Ingredient preparation
- Cooking meals through various different cooking methods
- Plating up and presentation of food
- Taking instruction from senior chefs
- Cleaning and clearing down work stations
- Working in a safe manner at all times
- Portion control
As a chef de partie you get to oversee a section of the kitchen, be it pastry, butchery, fish, sauces, vegetables and so on.
Possibility permanent position and the opportunity to work upwards.
Bus routes are available, also parking
- Excellent communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Adaptable and Flexible, willing to go the extra mile for customer satisfaction.
- Be committed and Hard-working.
- Good leadership and Influencing qualities.
- Love cooking, love the industry, love learning
- Passionate about great, seasonal ingredients
- Ambition – you want to be a Head Chef one day
- Enjoy busy services and are able to keep calm under pressure
- Able to build a great relationship with your fellow chefs and FOH team
- Bring energy and have the stamina to inspire all the chefs in your team
- Have good knife skills and a general understanding of basic cooking techniques
Previous Kitchen experience required
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Chef de Partie level 3 standard
Maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.