As an Apprentice Chef at Miller & Carter, we will help you master our menu, with your food being the reason guests keep coming through our doors! You'll thrive off the hustle and bustle of a fast-paced kitchen, with the support of a close-knit team, because it's the people that make it all worthwhile.
- Be a champion of brand standards
- Keep your kitchen clean
- Prepare everything that is needed before a busy shift
- Cook to spec and work with recipes
You don't need any experience as we can teach you everything! If you are willing to learn and be proud to work with us, we can show you exactly what it takes to become a vital team member in any kitchen.
You'll take on a full-time role in the kitchen under the supervision of passionate chefs alongside your training. Not only do you gain a Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship, you will be able to support the running of our kitchens, creating some amazing moments making sure that quality never slips for our guests!
What your apprenticeship includes
- A mixture of face to face and skype/phone catch ups every 4 - 6 weeks
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and maths (if you don't already have GCSE)
- 30 hours paid work every week
Benefits for M&B staff:
- Love eating out. You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we've got you covered
- Never a dull moment - fun, laughs and lifelong friends
- Funded qualification up to degree level
- Charity is important to us. From the company charities to the one which is close to your heart; you can choose how to give something back
- Enjoy a 33% discount off a cosy stay at our Inn Keepers Lodges
- On top of all this, we offer a pension; 28 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares
Wage will be National Minimum Wage for your age:
- 16-17 years old - £4.55 an hour
- 18-20 years old - £6.45 an hour
- 21-24 years old - £8.20 an hour
- 25+ years old - £8.72 an hour
Ongoing training and development.
Benefits for M&B staff:
- Instant Cineworld tickets for £5.50
- 10% discount at Costa and Cafe Nero
- 10% discount at Topshop
- Refer a friend and receive up to 1k!
- 33% meals at any M&B sites (+5 guests - Use as often as you like)
- Pension scheme
- Dental plan
- Become a shareholder (after 1-year employment)
- Donate to charity of your choice through payroll - donations taken before tax
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A range of benefits are available by registering at www.pickaperk.co.uk (Register with employee ID)
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
None! We're just looking for your passion, personality and desire to learn and progress in the industry!
- Passion -An interest in food certainly helps
- Positive outlook - We want you to love every moment!
- Communication - Ability to work as part of a close team
- Motivated - We see our apprentices as our future!
No qualifications required.
Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)