Apprentice Chef - Brinton Arms - Stourport
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
Day to day activities will be assisting the Head Chef in the preparation of fresh food and a desire to learn and progress within the business. Throughout the course of the apprenticeship you will learn many aspects of the kitchen environment including:
- Cooking raw meat and fish
- Menu development
- Training of basic food hygiene practices and due diligence
- Health and safety
- Buffet/function planning
- Carvery operation
On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full-time job.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20-year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
You need to have a keen interest in working in a busy kitchen environment and be dedicated to completing your apprenticeship.
- We are looking for enthusiastic, committed individuals with a desire to develop and succeed
- You will be required to deliver a high standard of customer service
- Able to work under pressure, you must also be able to resolve any customer complaints to achieve a satisfactory outcome
- You’ll also ensure high standards of cleanliness whilst ensuring at all times that legal requirements are strictly adhered to
- You must be able to work a minimum of 30 hours per week
No qualifications required.
- Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food Production Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.