Apprentice Chef - Boundary House - Abingdon - Intermediate (Level 2)
The Boundary House
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
Greene King’s Local Pubs boast some of the most breath-taking, fun-filled and relaxing pubs in the country. Found in towns and cities across England and Wales, from a scenic Dorset pub to a city centre spot to meet friends – Greene King will have something that fits the bill.
If you have a desire to gain experience with an industry respected pub brand and you have the hunger to develop yourself and further your career, this apprenticeship position may be just what you’re looking for.
Greene King are offering an award-winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an Apprenticeship through 12-month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! Greene King’s career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their programme, you’ll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’ve completed your apprenticeship.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality.
Responsibilities included in this role:
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
- 33% off meals and drinks at any Greene King Managed Site
- Pension scheme
- Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- Refer a friend and receive up to £1,000 (£500 AM/KM & £1000GM)
- Pay national minimum wage for your age
On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full-time job.
Greene King pay National Minimum wage for age, including their Apprentices. The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.15 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.55 an hour for anyone under 18, £6.45 an hour for 18-20-year olds, £8.20 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.72 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2020; however, this is not relevant with Greene King. These rates apply from 1st April 2020.
- Pride in delivering excellent customer service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
- A willingness and desire to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance
- Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Creativity and imagination for food presentation
No previous qualifications required.
- Production Chef Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.