Daily tasks will include:
- Assist chef in preparation of the menu across all the service opening hours toward the cooking of meals to order across a diverse menu
- Kitchen housekeeping, general hygiene, and food safety
- Cleaning down and pot washing
Working as a team member to maintain the very highest standards of the business. You will study through a minimum 12 months intermediate apprenticeship programme. Responsible to chef and operations manager.
Sustained employment, further accredited training and valuable work experience for the candidate prepared to learn and develop over the apprenticeship duration.
Candidates will naturally have a passion for food and appreciate the working environment of a busy, fast flowing kitchen working towards high quality customer service.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Communication skills
- Team building skills
- Literacy skills
- Organisational skills
- Manual work skills
- You will be hardworking, trustworthy, enthusiastic, and motivated
- You will need to be able to work in a busy environment while maintaining a calm, and positive attitude
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- You must have a keen and developing interest in the food industry and menu preparation
- You will need to be highly organised
- You must be able to work calmly under pressure and be capable of multi-tasking
- A reasonable degree of manual dexterity is required
4 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English Language.
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Food Hygiene training
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- 1 day per month spent at Sheffield College City Campus