Daily tasks will include:
- Assist chef in preparation of the menu across all the service opening hours toward the cooking of meals to order across a diverse menu
- Processes include: Preparation of salads, meats, speciality sauces and frying
- Kitchen housekeeping, general hygiene, food safety, cleaning down and pot washing
- Maintenance of equipment where necessary and authorised, such as fryers and fridge checks
- Working as a team member to maintain the very highest standards of the business
You will study through a minimum 12 months intermediate apprenticeship programme.
Responsible to chef and operations manager.
Sustained employment, further accredited training and valuable work experience for the candidate prepared to learn and develop over the apprenticeship duration.
Candidates will naturally have a passion for food and appreciate the working environment of a busy, fast flowing kitchen working towards high quality customer service.
Please see our website link:
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
- Communication Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Literacy Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Manual Work Skills
- You will be hardworking, trustworthy, enthusiastic and motivated
- A common-sense attitude to life and work
- You will need to be able to work in a busy environment while maintaining a calm, positive attitude
- A team player with a can do attitude
- You must have a keen and developing interest in the food industry and menu preparation
- You will need to be highly organised
- You must be able to work calmly under pressure and be capable of multi-tasking
- A reasonable degree of manual dexterity is required
4 x GCSE Grade A*-D/9-3 or equivalent in English Language and Maths.
Hospitality Team Member Apprentice Standard Level 2 includes end point assessment. Food Hygiene training 1 day per month at Sheffield College City Campus.