What will the apprentice be doing?
We’re looking for Apprentice Chefs to come and join us at Côte. Come and work in a kitchen where you’ll enjoy flexible working hours and find great fun and serious Chef skill in equal portions - it all goes into making great food you’ll be proud to put your name to.
If you are willing to be curious with food, own your learning journey, share success with your team members and make it special for our guest, then we can show you exactly what it takes to become a Côte star
· Working alongside our Kitchen Team
· Learning food preparation techniques
· Cooking and presenting meals to a high standard
· Working under pressure to ensure meals are served on time
· Helping with general cleaning required in the kitchen
· Adhering to hygiene and health and safety standards
What in it for you
· Gain a Level 2 Commis Chef qualification
· Be supported by Apprentice Mentors, a Babcock Coach and your Line Manager
· Off job training which include bespoke Master Classes, webinars and business focused fun projects
· Face to face and remote learning
The good stuff.
· Awesome pay rates including service charge with flexible hours available
· We pay all our teams fortnightly because who doesn’t love a payday?
· Every shift you work, we’ve got you covered with meals from our employee menu (thanks Chef)!
· Treat yourself, family and friends to 50% discount off our food at any Côte
· We love meeting new people who share our passion of making it special, which means you can earn up to £3,000 for referring people to join Côte
· Discounts up for grabs with over 200 retailers and brands via Perk box
· We take well-being seriously, so you’ll have access to Smart Health, which offers a 24/7 support
· We’re here for the curious, so it’s no surprise there are loads of opportunities when it comes to internal development programmes, we have some big plans coming this year!
· Company pension scheme & life assurance scheme
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.
Once you have completed a minimum of 12/18 (delete as needed) months training and the employer and Babcock’s Regional trainer confirm you have met all the requirements of the standard you will be put through to the End Point Assessment. The End Point Assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of apprentices to ensure you are fully competent in your role.
As an Apprentice you will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help you to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare you for the End Point Assessment.
Due to the nature of the business you will be required to work various shifts including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This vacancy is for at least the length of the apprenticeship programme. On successful completion of the apprenticeship you may be offered a permanent position with Côte with the opportunity to progress within the company.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Presentation skills, Team working, Creative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-F/1-9) Desired