What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Ad-hoc duties to support the catering team and services
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 - Production Chef
As an apprentice you will be included on a L2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard with Babcock Training. This will involve one to one training with a Regional Trainer who will meet with you on a regular basis at your place of work.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The possibility of a permanent position on completion of the apprenticeship
Reality CheckThis vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received so please apply early to avoid disappointment. Whilst on the apprenticeship you will be entitled to an NUS card https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/ As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £10.50 per hour. This role also comes with a workplace pension and 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave. Elior UK has been recognised for a variety of awards such as CSR and chef development programmes which demonstrate the passion and creativity of our great team. For all our colleagues we offer a range of discounts such as EE mobile contracts, Nissan vehicles, and lots more offers on leisure and entertainment, gyms and restaurants. We focus on our colleagues and hold an annual Elior Award event, issue rewards for recognition every month plus deliver a varied portfolio of development programmes. We offer additional leave for charity work and provide a Colleague Support Programme for health & wellbeing advice. Elior foster and believe in a diverse workplace, free from discrimination, which leads to an enjoyable and supportive environment. Elior UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and requires all of its colleagues to demonstrate this commitment in every aspect of their work.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Presentation skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredOther none (Grade none) Essential