You will be working with an ambitious bunch who are hardworking and passionate about what they do, consistently striving towards perfection.
Here’s a flavour of what you’ll be doing:
- You will work on all sections of the kitchen
- You will be heavily involved in technically challenging prep in all areas
- Ensure food hygiene and health and safety regulations are always followed from correct food labelling and temperature checks to the operation and cleaning of dangerous equipment
You will need to be able to travel to Milton Keynes College as part of your apprenticeship.
You will enjoy these benefits:
- Unrivalled opportunities for progression in a Michelin Star kitchen
- Recommend a friend scheme with great bonuses per referral
- Exclusive access to our discount’s platform including off restaurants, gym membership, online shopping and technology
- Complimentary staff meals
- Discount across all Tom Kerridge businesses
From competitive salaries, two annual staff parties, we really do believe that our people define our entire business, and we pride ourselves on helping individuals strive throughout their career.
Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
Future ProspectsFixed term contract for duration of apprenticeship with potential to be employed as a permanent employee following the apprenticeship. Our business is so diverse the opportunities’, are also so next step would be a demi CDP and then CDP, moving to Junior sous.
Resilience, team working and good communication skills are essential.
You’ll need to have a lot of stamina, be able to learn on your feet and be passionate about food because cooking in a high pressure kitchen is hard work.
We look very much for the right personalities and people who have a passion for food and different cooking techniques.
Ideally - GCSE or equivalent in maths and English, C/4 or above
You’ll be learning from the best and given responsibility as you go through your training. You will be coached towards being an extremely talented chef!
Apprentice Chefs are provided with the opportunity to learn from four of our experienced and passionate Head Chefs. Throughout your apprenticeship, you will spend a minimum of three months in each of these Tom Kerridge businesses:
- The Butchers Tap & Grill - butchers counter and grill restaurant
- Lush by Tom Kerridge - our events and production kitchen
- The Coach - Michelin Star Restaurant
- The Hand & Flowers - Two Michelin Star Restaurant
Day release to MK College.