At Hungry Horse, we’re all about helping our guests to sit back, relax and share great times with their friends and family. As an Apprentice Chef you don’t need to have tons of experience in a kitchen, though it can help. We’ll teach you everything you need… All you need is a willingness to learn, a genuine love for all things food and the passion to create amazing dishes.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification which will look GREAT on your CV
- Love eating out? You’ll get 33% staff discount at Greene King managed pubs
- Great working atmosphere – Fun, Laughs and Room for progression & development
- Discounts off high-street retail brands that include - Apple, ASOS, John Lewis and many more…
- Over 30 funded Apprenticeships available, ranging from Level 2 to Level 7
Responsibilities included in this role:
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
What your apprenticeship includes:
- A mixture of face to face and virtual catch ups with your learning coach every 4 - 6 weeks
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and maths (if you don’t already have GCSE)
Ongoing training and development. With the opportunity to progress on the Greene King career pathway with access to 30 Apprenticeships, ranging from Level 2 to Level 7.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
None! We are just looking for someone with a passion for hospitality!
- Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
- A willingness and desire to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
No previous qualifications required.
- Production Chef L2 Apprenticeship
- Functional skills in maths and English