Caterplus ( Elior ) have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who must have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and the enthusiasm to take on new challenges to join their friendly, professional kitchen team as an apprentice.
Duties will include: -
- Assisting in the food production process of a busy care home kitchen
- Cooking and preparing elements of highly quality controlled dishes.
- Maintaining impeccable standards of appearance and personal hygiene.- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Ad-hoc duties to support the catering team and services
As an apprentice you will be included on a L2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard with Babcock Training. This will involve one to one training with a Regional Trainer who will meet with you on a regular basis.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you will be entitled to an NUS card https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
This is a permanent position during which an apprenticeship will be delivered.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
- Passion for food
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A great team player
- Honest, dedicated and hard working.
- Ambition and drive to develop.
- Flexible and adaptable at all times.
- Organised, enthusiastic and able to multi-task.
- Good personal hygiene
- Attention to detail
No previous qualifications required.
Level 2 Production Chef Standards Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standards has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role. Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, 1-1 meetings and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.