As an Apprentice Chef your duties will include:
- Prepping: organising, owning their sections, ensuring that when food hits the pass it is looking great and is to spec and much more
- The starter. Be set up for success, ensure your section is set up and ready to go for service
- Know your stuff. Be knowledgeable, know your specs, the preps and steps involved in the dishes
- Look after your house. Keep your section prepped, labelled and use FIFO at all times
- Keep it Clean. Clean as you go, keep the kitchen clean and organised in line with food safety legislation
- The main course. Be organised, attentive, focused and detailed, getting the dishes right in line with company specifications
- Get serious. Comply with all food safety, food and beverage policies and law
- An important bit. Comply with company and government Covid19 policies and laws
Contracted of a 30 hours minimum but overtime maybe available.
The shifts are between the hours of 8am - 11pm and you would be expected to
work any 5 days out of 7.
Wage depending on age.
12-month apprenticeship contract with a view to an hourly contract upon completion. The apprentice will join the kitchen team as a trained chef. They will then join our outstanding kitchen career path, which will give multiple opportunities for future career development and promotions.
- Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Eager to learn
- Ambition - Always striving to be the best version of ourselves
- Fun - It’s at the heart of what we do, it’s who we are. Have fun, be fun and create fun
- Integrity - Just doing the right thing because it’s the right thing to do
Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)