At Hungry Horse, we’re all about helping our guests to sit back, relax and share great times with their friends and family. We want our guests to feel right at home with us – and not have to worry about cooking for themselves or doing the washing up either. It’s the perfect place to come and watch the footy too with our big screens and brilliantly priced pints!
Our huge menus are bursting with choice, unbelievably great value and generous meals – seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And there really is something for all the family! We also have a great range of drinks, something for everyone, beer at great prices, Wine Wednesdays and the shots and bombs are always on ice for the weekend. We have grown to over 270 sites in the UK, and proud to serve in all corners of the country.
As the UK's leading pub retailer and brewer, we have some exciting plans for ours and your future. We are passionate about investing in our 40,000 people and as we grow, we will need more exceptional talent to help us continue to pour happiness into people's lives. Working in one of our 1,700 managed pubs, hotels or restaurants, the role provides an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to start a career in hospitality.
Our award-winning apprenticeship programme has been specifically designed to promote development along the Greene King Career Pathway where you will gain a nationally recognised qualification. You will be employed by Greene King from day one with the scheme providing opportunity to achieve an Apprenticeship through a 12-15-month training programme. Upon completion you will have the opportunity to progress to the next level. The career pathway starts at Level 2 and goes up to Level 7 and all of our apprenticeships are designed to match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
As an Apprentice Chef you don't need to have tons of experience in a kitchen, though it can help. We'll teach you everything you need... All you need is a willingness to learn, a genuine love for all things food and the passion to create amazing dishes.
It's our people that make our pubs special and we think the best hospitality comes from people who can be themselves and show customers their personality.
Responsibilities included in this role:
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
- 33% staff discount at Greene King managed pubs
- Friends and Family discount at Greene King managed pubs
- Discounts off high-street retail brands
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme (if eligible)
- Access to Wagestream - providing a variety of financial tools to support money management
- Up to 28 days holiday
What your apprenticeship includes:
- A mixture of face to face and skype/phone catch ups every 4 - 6 weeks
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and maths (if you don't already have GCSE)
Ongoing training and development.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
- Pride in delivering excellent customer service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
- A willingness and desire to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance
- Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Creativity and imagination for food presentation
- Production Chef Level 2
- Functional Skills maths and English