At Old Mill you will be working towards a Food Production Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
Chef & Brewer are a collection of traditional pub restaurants that take pride in delivering delicious freshly cooked food, made from the best seasonal produce. Our relaxing and comfortable pubs are perfect for a Sunday roast, light lunch or drink with friends or family. We also serve a great range of drinks including real ales, draughts, wines, spirits and soft drinks. Find out more about us and our values below or find your local now.
Whether you fancy whiling away an afternoon with a good book and a delicious light lunch or an evening catching up with friends over seasonal specialties, you’ve come to the right place. Our fabulous classic country pubs are perfect for every occasion, proudly serving great food in the most relaxed surroundings.
Our passion for great food is clear to see in our freshly prepared menu, made from the best seasonal products and cooked to perfection by our highly skilled chefs.
All of our employees play a crucial part in delivering an exceptional guest experience and ensuring every guest leaves with a Smile. In Chef & Brewer our people embrace the Greene King behaviours and display authentic and engaging leadership qualities in all aspects of working life, making the pub an exciting, vibrant and fun place to work.
We’re passionate about bringing out the best in people. We provide some of the most exciting training opportunities in the industry!
Greene King are offering an award-winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an Apprenticeship through 12-month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! Greene King's career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their programme, you'll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, you'll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you'll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you've completed your apprenticeship.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality.
Responsibilities included in this role:
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
- 33% off meals and drinks at any Greene King Managed Site
- Pension scheme
- Donate to charity of your choice through payroll - donations taken before tax
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- Pay national minimum wage for your age
Ongoing training and development.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
- Pride in delivering excellent customer service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
- A willingness and desire to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance
- Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Creativity and imagination for food presentation
No previous qualifications required!
- Production Chef Level 2
- English and maths