At The Fallow Field you will be working towards a Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
We are looking for a motivated, passionate individual to join our team as an Apprentice Chef.
You will be responsible for assisting in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food with the aim to delivering an excellent customer experience. You would also be required to undertake all reasonable duties as assigned by the Head Chef.
- Ensuring all menu items and specials are prepared, cooked and presented to company specification
- Maintaining portion control and ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum
- Receiving and checking food deliveries
- Assisting the Head Chef with orders, stock taking, food hygiene, training and development of the team
- Ensuring that all kitchen equipment is maintained and is working correctly
- Maximising the full sales potential of the restaurant and ensuring high standards are maintained
You must have basic cooking skills and have the desire to learn new ones. You will have a good working attitude and enjoy the buzz of working in a busy kitchen environment.
As part of this apprenticeship you will work towards an industry wide recognised Level 2 in Food Production and Cooking. The training will be delivered in the form of work-based learning and will include functional skills.
The Apprenticeships last for 12-15-months and will enable you to develop through a structured training programme. As an Apprentice with Marston's, you will gain a nationally recognised Standard giving you an ideal grounding for a career in the hospitality industry. Learning is all on-site, so there is no need for our Apprentices to attend college, and our Apprentices are all paid national minimum wage, which is above the standard Apprentice rate. Throughout your Apprenticeship you will be supported by your Manager and our Apprenticeship provider too, so you will be given all the help and advice you need to succeed. Upon completion of the Marston's Apprenticeship Programme, you will be set up to develop further through the Marston's career path.
The Benefits and Rewards:
As you'd expect from a name like Marston's the rewards and benefits are competitive to say the least, but perhaps more importantly there's ample scope and opportunity to make your mark, plus the genuine prospect of running your own pub sooner rather than later. For starters we can offer:
- A competitive hourly salary
- The chance to work in a fun and friendly environment
- 20% Discount Card* (across our managed estate) and 30% discount at work
- Childcare voucher, stakeholder pension and save as you earn schemes (after a qualifying period)
- Marston's Rewards online discount scheme
- Long service awards
- Ability to develop through our Keyholder, Chef Development and Deputy Manager Programmes
Ongoing training and development.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
- Communication skills
- You need to have a keen interest in Hospitality and Catering Industry
- Be dedicated to working towards your qualification
No qualifications required.
- Level 2 Production Chef
- Maths and English Functional Skills