The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following:
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment and to comply with Equality, Diversity and Equal opportunities
- To provide high standards of customer service and portray a professional image of the organisation at all times
- Work effectively as part of the hospitality team
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing, cooking, holding and serving food
- Prepare, cook and finish meat dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish poultry dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish fish dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish vegetables
- Prepare, cook and finish hot sauces
- Prepare, cook and finish soups
- Prepare, cook and finish pastry products
- Prepare, cook and finish cakes, sponges, biscuits, scones and hot desserts
- Prepare and present food for cold presentation/buffets
- Set up and maintain service areas
- Restock and maintain all ingredients and resources for the food service Receive, store and issue stock as required
- Complete due diligence documentation
- Clean and maintain food preparation, storage and service areas, and equipment
- Maintain customer service with consistency, across all food production and service
- Quality and quality control of all own dish and product production, before service
- Perform other duties as requested after training
- Actively participate in formal and informal training, and be responsible for this
For the right candidate, there is the potential to secure a full time, permanent position within the company, upon completion of the apprenticeship.
- Effective communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Able to work on your own initiative and with a team
- Good hygiene
Good levels of Maths and English.
Level 2 apprenticeship in catering and hospitality.
There will also be the chance to obtain functional skills in mathematics and English if required.