A fantastic opportunity has become available at The Bee inn at Windlesham for a passionate, fast learner to join the talented kitchen team as an apprentice.
This is the perfect opportunity to start your career as a chef. If you are willing to work hard to learn in a fast pace kitchen, then this is the perfect role for you.
You will be expected to learn the standards and systems of professional kitchen and repeat them to a high level of consistency, whilst according to health & hygiene standards.
Duties will include:
- Preparing ingredients
- Learn meals as shown to you by the chef
- Adhering to the restaurant menu
- Following food health and safety procedures.
- Cooking, including grilling, operating chip fryer, burger station
- General kitchen assistance
- Assist other chefs and staff
- Deliver food in a fast-paced environment
- Record keeping
- Quality control
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification. Your qualification will be delivered by an Award Winning Training Provider who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Regional Trainer coming to visit you in the workplace on a regular basis to deliver the training and guide you through your Apprenticeship.
This is a great opportunity to start your career as a chef, where you will gain experience of a professional kitchen. There is opportunity of a full time position on completion of the apprenticeship.
Hours will increase to suit the needs of the business.
This role will include weekends evenings and bank holidays
Kitchen's can be a very busy, hot and loud environment.
Wage will be considered and reviewed after 3 months.
This vacancy may close early if the right candidate is found and you may be asked to interview before the date provided.
Other InformationFollow us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/babcocktraining Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates Bonus scheme included with this job role, to be discussed at interview.
- Fast learner
- Able to understand and follow instructions
- Able to keep calm when working under pressure
- Attention to detail and good presentation skills
- Hardworking and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Basic cooking skills would be an advantage
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Organisational skills
- Enthusiastic and have a keen interest in food and the hospitality industry
- Hygienic and tidy appearance
- Someone who takes pride in their work
None specific required.
- Level 2 Commis Chef Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required