Daily duties of the role will include;
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene and adhering to Health and Safety protocols
- Working with existing chefs to follow recipes preparing food for our customers. This includes preparing ingredients as per the Chef's instructions
- You will learn the fundamentals of cooking, such as knife skills, how to handle ingredients correctly, basic cooking and portion sizes
- Listen to instructions and work as part of a team, completing a variety of kitchen tasks effectively
- Cleaning and sanitizing all meal preparation areas as well as kitchen walls, stoves, sinks, ovens, and grills. Washing dirty dishes, cutting boards, utensils, and cooking equipment
- Sweeping and mopping all kitchen areas during shifts and at the end of shifts
- Ensuring that refrigerators, freezers, and storage areas are clean and well-organised
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
- Working with HIT training to complete their apprenticeship programme and to keep up to date with each segment of the training
The duration of the apprenticeship is 12 - 14 months and there is no guarantee of permanent employment once the apprenticeship has concluded. However, there will be ongoing appropriate training and the opportunity to progress for the right applicant
Due to our rural location, you will need to consider how you will travel to and from the pub.
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who loves cooking and is willing to learn and progress.
Grades 4 (C) GCSE or equivalent in maths and English are an advantage but not essential. This will be assessed at the start of the qualification.
Training ProvidedLevel 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship