Enter the world of professional cookery with a working apprenticeship in a busy working kitchen, whilst being trained, assessed and guided by tutors and chef mentors.
Daily will involve
- Knife skills. This may involve understanding the basic cuts (e.g. chopping, dicing, julienne and chiffonade) as well as learning how to handle ingredients correctly
- Work in different sections of the kitchen, helping the head Chefs
- Be responsible for food preparation and basic cooking and also learn about portion sizes
- listen to instructions and work as part of a team
- A chance to study and be paid to work in a job - the ultimate vocational training
- Parlour is an add day Breakfast, lunch and dinner Pub, restaurant and cafe, now incorporating a retail shop too
- So many elements to this business and so much to share with a keen applicant
Opportunity for the right chef to progress with in the company and complete further apprenticeships to develop their skills and become a fully qualified and confident chef.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Ability to adapt to a fast moving environment and go with the flow.
- punctuality and commitment is a must
- Passion for hospitality,the need to succeed
- Level 2 - Commis Chef standard
- Functional Skills if required
All work to be done on site, no college days. assessed in house and with full certification on completion of the program.