As a Chef at Nicholson's you are the personality behind the beer pumps, the expert on the drink's menu and know our food menu inside out, frequently recommending your favourites. As the friendly face our guests remember, you'll inject your personality every moment you're with our guests so that they love to come back time and time again.
- Greet, serve and look after our guests
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and safety
- Work with the team to create a friendly atmosphere our guests will love
- Know the menus inside out, making recommendations to our guests
- Be a champion of brand standards
You don't even need any experience. So long as you can provide a warm, helpful manner to everyone you meet, we can teach you the ins and outs of working as part of our busy teams.
By taking on a full-time role as a bar and waiting apprentice under the supervision of our passionate teams, not only will you achieve a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship, you will be able to support the running of our businesses, creating some amazing moments!
What your apprenticeship includes
- A mixture of face to face and skype/phone catch ups every 4 - 6 weeks
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and maths (if you don't already have GCSE)
- 30 hours paid work every week
BENEFITS FOR M&B STAFF
- Love eating out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we've got you covered.
- Never a dull moment - fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
- Funded qualification up to degree level
- Charity is important to us. From the company charities to the one which is close to your heart; you can choose how to give something back.
- Enjoy a 33% discount off a cosy stay at our Inn Keepers Lodges.
- On top of all this, we offer a pension; 28 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares!
Wage will be National Minimum Wage for your age:
- 16-17 years old - £4.55 an hour
- 18-20 years old - £6.45 an hour
- 21-24 years old - £8.20 an hour
- 25+ years old - £8.72 an hour
- On going training and development
- Wage will be National Minimum Wage for your age: - 16-17 years old - £4.55 an hour - 18-20 years old - £6.45 an hour - 21-24 years old - £8.20 an hour - 25+ years old - £8.72 an hour
- Pride in delivering excellent customer service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication and listening skills
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Organised multi-tasker
- Ability to follow instructions and work well in a team
- Attention to detail and creativity for food presentation
- Keen to develop your skills in the Hospitality sector
- An enthusiasm to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance
- Ability to seek assistance when dealing with demanding customers
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- this is a MUST in any Hospitality role
- No Qualifications required!
- Production Chef Level 2
- Functional skills in maths and English